I own a breakfast restaurant and this pandemic has hit our cafe hard!
As a result, we’ve been forced to pivot several times since March. Firstly, We’ve shrunk our menu. Secondly, we shrunk our staff. Thirdly, we closed our dining room. Lastly we opened our cafe back up with an expanded grab and go market. This was all in the name of survival and future success. Government relief funds have been our Godsend and is giving us the chance to pivot again with an all-new concept for 2021.
Because own a cafe, it’s appropriate that in this episode of the Restaurant Rockstars Podcast, I speak to Robert Maynard, the CEO of a fast growing breakfast restaurant franchise chain called Famous Toastery. They’ve been hit hard by Covid as well, most importantly they actually turned closing stores early in the crisis into a growth strategy for the future. This is not your granddad’s diner folks, but an innovative concept poised for significant growth in the segment now and after the pandemic. Robert’s a passionate company leader with lots of experience to share.
For instance, listen as together we learn:
– How this franchise chain assessed Covid-19 damage control and communicated best practices and strategy to its franchisees
– The chain’s continued emphasis on good old-fashioned Customer Service where “Every Server is Your Server”!
– The importance of operators knowing their critical numbers to take corrective action and dial in profits
– The challenges and solutions of closing, re-opening and staffing back up
– Technology for customer confidence, safety and convenience
– Why now may be the right time to think about a new franchise
Sound interesting? Learn what Famous Toastery is looking for in prospective new franchisees. If you’re intrigued head over to www.ownatoastery.com
Lots of nuggets and key-learnings in this episode.
Now go out there and Rock Your Restaurant!
WATCH THIS EPISODE
LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE
BECOME AN AFFILIATE
Join our movement today to help restaurant owners and managers on a global level ROCK THEIR RESTAURANTS! This mission is so important to us that we are offering a crazy generous commission plan. Check it out!